Friday, June 17, 2011

The Freakiest Funk For Friday-The Wicked Witch

Sure there is plenty of funk that is challenged in the sanitary and sanity department (not that that's a bad thing), but this one here goes the extra mile in dirt and derangement.

Go Get Wicked Witch

My Brief review from about a year ago..
There are times when the various pronouncements, actions, and output of the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince, have caused me to believe he was off his rocker, 3 sequins short of a pants suit,if you will. Whatever you may think of that statement, Prince contemporary and underground DC funkster, Richard Simms, is much more easily classed as certifiable.

Coming off like a cross between Gary Wilson, Jandek, Sun Ra, P-Funk, and yeah,Prince ,Mr. Simms (recording as Wicked Witch) dropped a handful of self produced records through the late 70's and 80's. These psych (and psycho) funk tracks have been reissued by Japan's (EM) label. How they found these records,I don't know. I do know that if I ever saw that album cover, I'd buy it too. Still though, I keep my ear to the ground fairly well about this stuff and I'd never heard boo about Wicked Witch. Could it possibly be a hoax? Naaah, no one could dream this shit up. The Wicked Witch is real, Happy Friday.

Fancy Dancer (remix)

2 comments:

MetalicStorm said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rLTMh6zMg&feature

MetalicStorm said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rLTMh6zMg&feature